A basic prosthetic overview cannot touch on all of the different intricacies involved with being fitted for and using a prosthetic device. However, taking a closer look at what we can provide to our patients can help you understand just why we’ve become one of the largest, most trusted prosthetic care providers in the northeast.
Our practitioners are certified by the American Board for Certification, the official seal of approval that lets patients know their orthotic and prosthetic provider is fully trained. The certification process involves numerous patient-services steps, such as schooling, a residency program and certification tests. Every practioner must renew their license every five years and maintain the proper number of continuing education credits. Therefore, you can be assured that no matter what type of prosthetic care you’re receiving, you will be working with a professional in the field.
We provide the full spectrum of prosthetic care available. A basic overview of the practice areas within prosthetics may offer some clarity for you and your loved one. Our areas of practice in the prosthetic field include:
- Lower Extremity – We provide prosthetics for the lower limbs, which is commonly categorized as above knee and below knee prosthetics. Our team prides itself in being certified in all of the latest technological developments. We always focus on giving our patients access to the most advanced technology available.
- Upper Extremity – Our upper extremity prosthetic devices are designed to fit into your life as well as they can, and allow you to regain your independence. There are numerous componentry options and scenarios that must be considered when fabricating a prosthesis. Our upper extremity specialists have years of experience and a passion for using the latest technology to get the best results for our patients.
- Pediatric Care – We know that pediatric prosthetics can be among the most challenging in the field, which is why we take extra steps to make sure that all of our young patients get the individualized care they deserve. Our pediatric patients are always seen by one of our pediatric specialist.
- Senior Care – We also understand the challenges that are present when seniors require a prosthesis. With that in mind, our professionals spend extra time making sure that the correct componentry is used and that seniors are given the attention and care they need.
- Continued Care – We don’t just fit you for a prosthetic device and leave you to it – we believe in providing continued care. Our continuing care program ensures our patients get most from their device and any issues that may arise are addressed in a timely fashion. Living with a prosthesis can be challenging – especially in the early months, which is why we are with you every step of the way.
Our team relies on the most advanced technology available when helping our patients. We custom fabricate all of our prosthetic devices. Whether you need an everyday prosthesis to help you get back to doing the things you love or a high-performance one to help you compete in sports, our experts can help.